Cobra Commander has hijacked the latest GI Joe HasLab project, which is the HasLab Classified Series Cobra HISS Tank which is up for preorder
Cobra HACK!! Cobra Commander has taken over HasLab again!
Cobra Commander has done it again! He has hijacked the latest GI Joe HasLab project and this time it is an amazing 6″ Scale HISS Tank with a fully articulated HISS Tank Driver! Citizens of Earth! Listen closely…. since Cobra Commander feels he was successful in his hijack initiative on the Sky Striker project, he felt it only fitting that WE all now fund his new MARS Industries 6″ scale Classified Series HISS TANK project! An unstoppable high speed sentry vehicle, we now need the backing of a mere 8000 backers to get this tank rolling!! What a fun way to kick off this final Yo Joe June event than with Coco himself hijacking yet again another HASLAB project! We finally get our first ever GI Joe HasLab Classified Cobra HISS Tank!!
We got to see an amazing montegue of classic Sunbow cartoon clips of the HISS Tank and the Joes Battling it out with Cobra!
And then the most amazing thing happened…. We got our first look at the GI Joe Classified Series HISS Tank and it was absolutely stunning!!! Complete with working lights, HISS Tank driver, gull wing canopy, opening rear hatch and a light up red projecting Cobra logo!
We are finally getting our first GI Joe HasLab for the Classified Series. A couple weeks ago at the end of the Yo Joe June first live stream, we saw this image appear at the end of the live stream.. and if you listened to the sound carefully, you could faintly hear the sound of tracks! Then last week, Emily and Lenny also teased what could be the HasLab exclusive as it was Lenny’s birthday and he got a cake with a HISS Tank on it! And guess what, we were all totally correct!
History of the HISS Tank
Release by Hasbro in 1983, the HISS Tank became an instant classic and a staple to your Cobra Vehicle Collection! According to H.I.S.S. | Joepedia | Fandom:
The Cobra High Speed Sentry (H.I.S.S.) Tank has been the dominant tank used by Cobra forces since the organization’s inception. The H.I.S.S. has been upgraded and remodeled over time, but all variants share a similar general design, featuring dorsal mounted cannons. The HISS was developed to fulfill two separate needs on the battle field, anti-personnel and heavy armor. The H.I.S.S. tank is the most versatile and deadly opposition on any battlefield. Whether on city streets or through the dense jungle, the H.I.S.S. can outrun, out-maneuver, and out perform anything in its class. Built with a modular design allowing Cobra’s technicians to easily replace and repair battle damaged units with maximum efficiency. Although specialized drivers are selected to pilot most H.I.S.S. tanks, the cockpit design is simple enough for almost any basic trooper to understand and operate.H.I.S.S. | Joepedia | Fandom
Below, we can see the visual history of all the different versions of the HISS tank and there have been many over the years!
HasLab HISS Tank Campaign:
Now, we are finally getting a GI Joe Classified Series HISS Tank as a HasLab project! Classified Series HASLAB $299.99 HISS & RIP It Red HISS TANK Driver Figure. I have got to say that this looks amazing! Let’s take a look at some of the highlights:
HISS Tank Features
- Moving Tank Treads
- Rear cargo door with rear section
- Projects the cobra symbol from the front headlights. Includes additional headlights, tail lights and interior lights.
- Figure Storage in the back compartment. Looks like the inside of a submarine. A jump seat on the inside with a Cobra logo and a weapons storage rack on the other side. Light up interior.
- Independent moving Canons and turning turret and light up turret.16,000 backers to unlock Cobra H.I.S.S. Classified Upgrade #4
- Framework on the canopy and gull wing doors open on each side of the canopy
- Lightup cockpit with detailed dashboard and lightup interior. Seat with detailed seat belt.
Bread Board pre-production model
Here we can see the Bread Board Model which the pre-production model used to work out all the engineering and details. We can see the detailed real moving tank treads here and this look spectacular and small driver ladder.
Separate moving canons on the Turret. Turret spins and lightes up as well.
The rear cargo door opens and you can see a figure storage area inside, with a jump seat on the inside with a Cobra logo and a weapons storage rack on the other side. The interior will light up as well. The detail in here is amazing! Love that jumpseat with the Cobra logo, how creative was that?!
Here we can see the detail on the framed canopy with the gulwing window compartments. Also the interior will be highly detailed with a driver seat with seat belt, light up dashboard with highly detailed instrument panel. The details were not yet in this bread board model, but you can see them on the renderings below.
Lenny demonstrated the lightup front headlights and light up projecting Cobra logo feature.
Early-Bird Special Offering: 8000 Backers needed before midnight 07/06/2022
Cobra H.I.S.S. Tactician Action Figure inspired by Ron Rudat’s designs
If the project fully funds by reaching 8,000 backers within the first week of launch (before midnight on Wednesday July 6th), everyone who backs the H.I.S.S. HasLab project through the end of the campaign will receive an exclusive Cobra H.I.S.S. Tactician figure with deco inspired by the designs of legendary G.I. Joe designer Ron Rudat. Backers will get to vote on the color-scheme inspiration for the final deco of the Tactician figure once the campaign ends. Each figure is exclusive to the HasLab, and will be individually boxed with its own artwork, and numbered in the G.I. Joe Classified Series sequence. Should the base offering of the campaign not fund within that first week window, then the Tactician figure will be lost forever.
There are 4 secret unlock tiers! As the tiers unlock and are unvealed, we will be sure to update you. Right now all we know is the tier unlocks, but the rewards are currently hidden! What does Cobra have instore for us?
8000 backers until August 15,2022
- 8,000 backers to fully fund the campaign
- 10,000 backers to unlock Cobra H.I.S.S. Classified Upgrade #1
- 12,000 backers to unlock Cobra H.I.S.S. Classified Upgrade #2
- 14,000 backers to unlock Cobra H.I.S.S. Classified Upgrade #3
- 16,000 backers to unlock Cobra H.I.S.S. Classified Upgrade #4
Multiple lighting combinations with Cobra Insignia Beacon
The H.I.S.S. vehicle contains battery-powered interior and exterior LED lighting features. At the push of a single button, you can turn on the H.I.S.S.-vision lights, the interior cockpit heads-up display, headlights, fog lights, rear Cobra convoy lights, and, most impressively, the Cobra Insignia Beacon. This unique invention of M.A.R.S. Industries projects a red Cobra logo on the ground in front of the vehicle. Then there is a second red LED light that illuminates the rear cargo area to when the door is lowered, and deploy your troopers from the hidden compartment in the back
M.A.R.S. Industries Feature Innovations
This modern update of the original vintage Cobra HISS Tank is an engineered the state-of-the-art design achievement! The G.I. Joe Classified Series Cobra vehicle has some amazing features, so that’s take a look below:
- Functioning wheels with moving treads: Rotating sprockets and wheels spin as the treads roll forward or backward.
- Elaborately-detailed command cockpit interior: The Cobra H.I.S.S. Driver Action Figure sits buckled with a 5-point harness adorned with Cobra logo before an illuminated control panel. You can pose the figure operating the articulated joystick and throttle controls while targeting Joe combatants.
- “Gull-wing” Canopy: The vehicle comes with features “gull wing” functioning doors with independent right and left sides that lift from center hinges allowing the Driver to enter from either side of the H.I.S.S.
- Rear Cargo Bay: The rear personnel platform provides standing room for additional troops who can be posed holding the functional handrails. Below that is a retractable tow hitch on the rear of the vehicle. The center of the personnel platform flips up allowing the rear cargo door to drop. That reveals an illuminated troop transport cargo space. Inside is a jump seat and a weapon accessory storage rack.
- Articulated turret with poseable cannon accessories: The 360-degree rotating turret includes control details and fits an additional G.I. Joe Classified Series Action Figure (sold separately). The Double “Diablo” Cannon accessories can swivel and elevate independently from one another.
- Removable engine cover detail: Behind the cockpit sits the M.A.R.S.-developed HISS-CS22 propulsion unit detail beneath a removable cover. It connects to side exhaust port details.
- Removable armor plating skirt: The Cobra H.I.S.S. comes with a removable armor plating skirt detail with reactive armor to provide extra protection for the road wheels
- Extendable cockpit boarding ladders: Flip-down boarding ladders descend from each side of the H.I.S.S. granting the Driver easier access to the cockpit.
How to back this project:
Go to Hasbro Pulse.com and back the Classified HISS Tank before it’s too late! Remeber you have until August 15th to hit the 8,000 backer so this campaign can get funded! You will not be charged until Ausgust 15th and again that is only if the project funds!
COBRA COMMANDER HERE, BACK THIS PROJECT BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!!!
To quote Cobra Commander: “With the successful funding of the G.I. Joe Classified Series Cobra H.I.S.S. project I shall bring the world to its knees. But until then, its fate lies solely in the hands of the backers. They and they alone wield the true power to bring my vision to fruition. They must attain a minimum of 8,000 backers before the end of the campaign on August 15th or else Cobra shall never unleash its might upon the forces of G.I. Joe. We cannot allow those do-gooders to triumph. Let the countdown commence!”
Complete YOUR GI Joe Collection
You can find ALL of the figures, vehicles, and playsets to complete your GI Joe collection using our curated shopping experience that covers the Vintage line all the way up to the GI Joe Classified Series!