In today’s article we take a look at all the newly announced figures and rumored figures to take a guess as to what the next waves may possibly look like. MOTU Origins Wave 10 and 11 Speculation so who will be in what Wave? We break all down for you in this article!
Mattel had some massive announcements during the week of March 14th thru 18th, as we covered in a series of articles. In the weeks that followed we had multiple rumored leaks of even more additional figures to come in 2023, like the Snake Men and Mekaneck & Road Ripper set. And last week, a leaked list emerged with some more character names on it. Links for those will be below. Well, given all that amazing, confirmed news and rumored leaks, we wanted to take stab at guess what the next possible wave of figures and deluxe figures might be! So, let’s get into it shall we?
Below we can see all of the Origins Figures that Mattel revealed during their amazing 40th Anniversary week of reveals!!
A leaked list emerged late last year showing that out of the 9 figures listed on that leaked list, all but 1 has already been either officially announced as part of Mattel’s reveal days or was shown at Power Con 2021. So only Whiplash and Mini Comic Trap Jaw on that list were not part of the official 40th Anniversary reveal days, but Mini Comic Trap Jaw was shown at Power Con 2021. So that leaves only Whiplash not officially shown yet by Mattel. Most of his parts are available however with his torso & legs being the same as Buzz-Off, arms are beast arms like Skeletor. So, all it would take is a new head sculpt and a tall attachment to accomplish Whiplash!
Wave 9 prediction:
We actually covered this back in February, in our Origins WAVE 9 CONFIRMED article. A trusted source had confirmed to Toy Habits back then that the next Origins Wave 9 assortment included 4 new characters plus a creature exclusive with a mystery mate! Well since then, we have gotten absolute confirmation on 2 of the 4 characters in our leaked wave from Mattel and the Creature figure assortment as well. As we stated previously, this is based on information we received from our trusted source and what we already know from Mattel. Of course, these assortments are always subject to change by Mattel, so please keep this in mind.
Wave 9 Figure assortment may include:
- King Randor (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 1)
- Digitino (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 1)
- Mini-comic Trap Jaw (SHOWN AT POWER-CON 2021)
- Whiplash – Rumored leak list
- Teela + Zoar Creature set – EE & BBTS exclusive (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 1)
Wave 10 Prediction:
Our Wave 10 predictions come from all already revealed characters that we received from Mattel’s 40th Anniversary reveal week, so these are all officially confirmed, but we just don’t know which Wave they will officially come under. But here is what we think:
Wave 10 Figure assortment may include:
- Space Sumo (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 3)
- 200X He-Man (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 1)
- 200X Skeletor (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 3)
- Grizzlor- retail release (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 3)
Deluxe Figure Assortment Prediction:
Our Deluxe Figure Assortment predictions also come from revealed characters that we received from Mattel’s 40th Anniversary reveal week, so these are all officially confirmed. The deluxe figures usually come in pairs, so we figured there would be 4 of them and we had 4 figures left from our reveals list. 3 of the 4 figures have action features and extra accessories, so they make sense that they would be deluxe figures. But 1 does not, and this is the last slot we had to place him.
Wave 10 Figure assortment may include:
- Pig Head (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 1)
- Mantenna (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 3)
- Leech (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 3)
- Snout-Spout (CONFIRMED FROM MATTEL REVEAL DAY 3)
Let’s examine each as a deluxe figure.
We will start with Snout Spout. He comes packed with 2 alternate heads and seems to have a backpack and hose for his water spray action features, so he totally makes sense as a deluxe character.
Leech comes with a beveey of accessories, so this guy makes sense to be a Deluxe Figure. Leech comes with 2 alternate heads and 2 alternate suction cup hands as well. So I think it is a given that he will be a Deluxe Figure.
Mantenna includes his pop out eyes action feature and has a very elaborate leg sculpt as he includes 4 count them 4 articulated legs!! He is Deluxe for sure!
Pig Head is the one that we question and eludes us…. I think we have our Wave 9 & 10 predictions down pretty good, and so where does Pig Head fit in? The Rulers of the Sun already have 3 standard releases, so that’s why we are placing Pih Head here. But perhaps Grizzlor will be considered deluxe due to his fur suit, and maybe Pig Head and Grizzlor swap in terms of where they stand in the Origins Waves? Only time will tell, but for now we are placing him here even though there really isn’t anything deluxe about him
In conclusion, we know that all but Whiplash has been officially revealed as part of the upcoming MOTU Origins figures, but in what Wave and when will they go up for pre-order is anyone’s guess? Perhaps in the fall as there were some murmurings about… but only time will tell. But below is a graphic of our predictions for Wave 9 , 10 & Deluxe. We think it’s a pretty great mix and the colors of the characters don’t clash too much, so Larry would like that !! LOL
Remember, this is all our speculation, but I think it’s a pretty good guess given the current information that we have! It’s been fun trying to figure it out and can’t wait to see what Mattel actually does!
Mattel Reveals Days Articles
Mattel released exciting new drops on their Facebook & Instagram pages every day during the week of March 14th thru 18th, and we covered it all here on ToyHabits.com! Below are links to all of those exciting announcements covered in depth! Mattel also said to be on the look-out for more announcements later this year. No release dates, nor order information have not been provided yet either. But as soon as we find out anything, we will let you know!
- Day 1: THE BIG REVEAL! Mattel Unveils New MOTU Origins Figures!
- Day 2: Mattel Unveils New Masterverse Figures – Day 2!
- Day 3: Roton and the Horde Invade MOTU Origins Reveals
- Day 4: AMAZING Masterverse Heroes Reveals Brings Sun Man and She-Ra!
- Day 5: Masterverse 40th Anniversary He-Man Reveal
Origins & Masterverse Leaked and Rumored Roundup
Be sure to check out our recent leaked and rumored figure reveals as they are a fun read (at least we think so lol!) Check out our articles and YouTube videos below.
- New MOTU Origins and Masterverse Leaks Surfaces
- Snake Men coming to MOTU Origins in 2023!
- More Snake Men coming to Origins in 2023!
- Mekaneck & Road Ripper Coming to MOTU Origins in 2023!
- Breaking News – Masters of the Universe Origins WAVE 9 CONFIRMED!
- What Creatures are Next in the MOTU Origins Line?
- What MOTU Vehicles and Playsets are Next in the Origins Line?
- Masters of the Universe Origins Teased Figures From Card Art
- Masterverse and Origins Teases and Reveals Coming Soon!
- More Masterverse Leaks Ahead of Big Reveals from Mattel
- Breaking News – Masters of the Universe Masterverse Wave 6 CONFIRMED
- More Masterverse Revelation and Pop Figures Teased
Be sure to check out our YouTube Video on this on this very same topic.
We also published videos of the Day 1, 2, 3 & 4 reveals below: